Yes, this is the ONLY picture I took all day. Why? Because it was too cold and rainy and foggy and windy and downright miserable to be outside for much longer.
However, we learned some very valuable travel lessons today.
1) Do not fall asleep while your husband is driving…
He will pay for this. However, it was a damn good nap.
2) Check the weather before you drive across the country to see an outdoor attraction, like the Cliffs of Moher.
3) Wear socks and long pants. Yes, as you can imagine Toms and crop pants aren’t rain and cold friendly.
4) Downloading Google Maps doesn’t eat up your data plan. OMG?!?!?! WHY DIDN’T SOMEONE TELL ME THIS BEFORE?!?!?!! We could have prevented so many fights and wrong turns. UGHHHHH!!?!?!!
5) Gas Station/Convenience Stores in Ireland serve excellent deli food. Twice on this trip, we’ve stopped in to gas stations and picked up snacks. The other day, it was a chicken salad sandwich and sausage rolls. Today, it was breakfast. Basically, just because there are no fast food restaurants around doesn’t mean you have to go hungry.
Leave a Reply