Let’s face it. Easter morning, much like every other major holiday morning, can be chaotic. From baskets and bunnies to church to egg hunts, most of us need to find recipes that either take very little prep time or can be made ahead. Personally, I’m always a fan of the make ahead. If I can, at the very least, prep everything early, my day runs much smoother, and my time can be spent drinking mimosas and hiding Easter eggs.
For this Sunday Supper event, we’re planning ahead and making a citrus crepe that can be completely prepped hours or even the day before and assembled moments before serving to look like you’re the next Martha Stewart. For this recipe, as usual, I went back to my roots…Central Florida agriculture and the classics. Today, we’re making Citrus Crepes with a Lemon Bavarian Filling and a Red Grapefruit-Rum Sauce Drizzled in White Chocolate. Sounds difficult, but it’s not. Sounds impressive, and it is!
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 stick butter–softened
4 large eggs
1/2 c. lemon juice
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 oz. gelatin
1/2 c. water
1 pt. cream
2 c. lemon sauce
1 tsp lemon extract
1 1/3 c milk
2 TBSP melted butter
1 c. all purpose flour
3 TBSP sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp orange extract
1/2 c. butter
2/3 c. sugar
juice from one red or pink grapefruit (preferably red)
juice from 2 navel oranges
2 TBSP orange concentrate
4 TBSP dark rum
zest from one orange
3-5 red grapefruit sections (yes, individual grapefruit pieces)
Broiled Grapefruit slice
White Chocolate Drizzle
4 oz white chocolate–finely chopped
2 TBSP cream
To make lemon sauce
In a small saucepan, mix together sugar and lemon juice. Add eggs and salt, and whisk until smooth. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until thick & bubbly. Whisk in butter.. Remove from heat and cool.
To make lemon Bavarian cream
Place gelatin in a small glass dish. Add water. Let stand for 10 minutes or until gelatin has bloomed. Melt the bloomed gelatin over a hot water bath to 105 degrees. Whip cream to soft peaks. Combine lemon sauce and lemon extract. Combine lemon sauce/extract and gelatin. Fold in whipped cream. Refrigerate until set.
In a blender, combine all ingredients for crepes. Pulse until blended. Pour batter into a large bowl.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Ladle crepe batter and swirl to coat pan with batter. Cook over medium-low heat until dry on top and edges are lightly browned. Remove from pan & cool
Pipe 3 rows of lemon Bavarian cream in the center of each crepe. Roll up. Spoon glaze over each crepe.
To make glaze
Heat a non stick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle sugar and begin melting. As sugar melts, add butter. Once butter is melted and sugar begins to bubble, add juice and concentrate. Reduce for 2 minutes. Add rum, orange zest, and preserves. Continue cooking over medium high heat until fruit segments have broken down. Remove from heat and cool slightly before spooning over crepes.
White Chocolate Drizzle
In a microwave safe bowl, heat cream for 1 minute. Add chopped white chocolate and stir until smooth. Pour into a small ziploc bag, snip the end, and drizzle over assembled crepes.
Make Ahead Sunday Supper Brunch Recipes
- Apple and Bacon Cornmeal Scones by Caroline’s Cooking
- Lemon Crumb Cake by Life Tastes Good
- Nana’s New York Crumb Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
- Overnight Nutty Coffee Cake by Family Around The Table
- Asparagus Quiche in Hash Brown Crust by Wimpy Vegetarian
- Baked Deviled Eggs with Toast Points by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Ham and Cheese Empanadas by Asian In America
- Make Ahead Baked Monte Cristo Cassarole by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Overnight Breakfast Casserole by Soulfully Made
- Sorrel, Chive & Duck Egg Frittata by Wholistic Woman
- Sous Vide Egg Bites by Cricket’s Confections
Sides and Veggies
- Asparagus Tart with Goat Cheese and Spring Greens by Monica’s Table
- Baked Chili Maple Bacon by Food Lust People Love
- Blackberry Orange Oatmeal Bowls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette by Helpful Homemade
- Vegetable Lasagna by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Carrot Cake Pancakes by Brunch-n-Bites
- Citrus Crepes with White Chocolate Drizzle by Gourmet Everyday
- Flourless Chocolate Torte by Pies and Plots
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie by The Freshman Cook
- Raspberry Mascarpone French Toast Casserole by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Strawberry Almond Crumble by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Leave a Reply