This week’s Sunday Supper Event is a Live! event at Tapa Toro on International Drive in Orlando. Tapa Toro combines “contemporary, Spanish cuisine with a vibrant, energetic atmosphere”. Their unique paella pit, where chefs prepare the most awesomely gigantic pan of paella imaginable, vibrant tapas menu, and extensive selection of imported wines is a perfect date night destination or, in our case, the perfect location for a party and Twitter chat!
Check out Tapa Toro on Facebook, on Instagram, or on Twitter, and take a virtual tour before your visit!
Small Bites Entertaining at Home
Every once in a while, I plan a weekend dinner that consists of nothing but finger foods/small bites. For some reason, my kids love the small bites dinner idea and eat really well. One of my husband’s favorites on finger–food night is my Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos.
“Jalapeno Poppers” have become so popular in American cuisine that they appear on most restaurant menus. Most are stuffed with cheese and fried, some are wrapped in bacon, and I’ve even seen some stuffed with crab and wrapped in bacon. The homely jalapeno popper has become the epitome of decadent bar food. Personally, I’ve never been a fan of fried jalapeno poppers, but I love the flavor of the jalapenos once they’ve been baked or grilled.
This particular small bite jalapeno has become so popular in our family that there is rarely a get together where they aren’t served. These days, the Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno making is primarily in the hands of my brother. He seems to have the patience and diligence to clean the jalapenos.
Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos
1 lb. jalapenos
1 lb. ground sausage–not Italian or maple
8 oz. cream cheese–softened
1 clove garlic-finely minced
salt & pepper to taste
To clean & prep jalapenos, leave the stem on and cut each pepper lengthwise. Then, with a spoon or paring knife, remove all seeds and veins/membranes (this is where the heat is).
In a large nonstick skillet, brown sausage. Remove from heat and drain fat. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, cooked (hot) sausage, and minced garlic. The heat from the sausage will help it to incorporate with the cream cheese. When fully incorporated, spoon a generous helping of sausage-cream cheese into each jalapeno half. Place jalapenos on a foil lined cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until filling has browned slightly and peppers have become visibly softened.
Remove and allow to cool for about 5 minutes…if you can wait that long. The filling will be insanely hot, so ff you can’t wait, try eating with your mouth open and sucking in air at the same time. It should help to limit the poppers scalding your tongue.
If you’re planning a party or your own small bites dinner, check out these small bites recipes from our friends with Sunday Supper.
Sunday Supper Small Bites Recipes for Entertaining
- Crispy Prosciutto Cups with Pear & Mascarpone by The Crumby Cupcake
- Cucumber Finger Sandwiches by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Fiesta Pinwheels by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Polenta Bruschetta by Simple and Savory
- Spinach Feta Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sweet Sriracha Almonds by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Waffled Twice Baked Potato Pancake Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventues
- Wild Mushroom and Grape Crostini by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Bacon-wrapped Chorizo and Date Skewers – Brochetas de Chorizo y Datiles by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Caprese Bites by Books n’ Cooks
- Chicken Sausage & Fig Naan Bites by Soulfully Made
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by My Savory Spoon
- Easy Chicken Pesto and Sun Dried Tomato Croissants by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Grass Fed Beef Meatballs and Cauliflower Cilantro Smear by Our Good Life
- Greek Chicken Gyro Mini Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Salmon Cakes with Anise Aioli by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Salmon Poke on Wonton Crisps by Authentically Candace
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos by Gourmet Everyday
- Tuscan Chicken Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Healthy Meringue Bites with Raspberry Yogurt by Cricket’s Confections
- Lemon Bars with Poppy Seed Shortbread by Pies and Plots
- Lime Mascarpone Cheesecake Shooters by Caroline’s Cooking
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Leave a Reply