With school just beginning, getting back into our daily routines has been rough. Waking up at 5am to be at school by 6:45am, classes all day, practices and homework after that, and still needing to make dinner. Likewise, there are evening when even I get tired of cooking. I cook breakfast and dinner at least 5 days of the week, and sometimes, I need a simple dinner so that I can kick off my shoes and watch TV. So, I look for meals that can be cooked quick…WITHOUT resorting to boxed meals and convenience food.
When I combined the 2 needs…warm/comfort and quick…I remembered my Granny’s Sausage Casserole. I don’t know where she found it. I don’t know how long she’s made it. The one thing I do know is that it’s amazing, versatile, and makes everyone happy.
Granny’s Sausage & Rice Casserole
Simple Rice Recipes for Dinner #SundaySupper
What’s for dinner?
- Butternut and Brown Rice Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Crispy Rice Bites by Hardly A Goddess
- Easy Pork Fried Rice – Gluten Free by Cricket’s Confections
- Easy Red Beans and Rice by Home Sweet Homestead
- Granny’s Sausage & Rice Casserole by Gourmet Everyday
- Italian Rice Pilaf with Toasted Almonds by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Meatloaf Stuffed Peppers by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Nasi Lemak – Malay Coconut Milk Rice by Sprinkles and Sprouts
Rice is for dinner!
- Olive & Date Rice Side Dish by My Life Cookbook
- Qatiqli Hu’rda (Uzbek Rice Soup with Yogurt) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Savory Rice Porridge by Pies and Plots
- Slow Boat to China by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Slow Cooker Jamaican Rice and Peas Soup by Palatable Pastime
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Cacciatore over Rice by My Blissful Mess
- Sushi Roll Rice Bowl by The Freshman Cook
- Tex Mex Chicken Skillet by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Easy Paella Recipe with Beef and Shrimp by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.