On Day 4 after Hurricane Irma, I was nearing my breaking point. No electricity, oppressive heat, limited resource, and no end in sight. When I hit that wall, the only thing I could think that would make me feel better was spaghetti & meat sauce. As simple as it is, pasta is my comfort food. No matter how bad my day is, a bowl of spaghetti with a thin meat sauce (yes, I know that’s weird) makes everything better.
As great as spaghetti & meat sauce is, I love to experiment with different pastas and making my own pasta. However, there are nights when I don’t have the time to make fresh pasta, and there are nights when my husband & I want quick, simple meal. This is our go-to.
1 bag frozen cheese ravioli
6 oz. prosciutto, pancetta, or even bacon
1 TBSP olive oil
15 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 garlic clove-minced
5 oz. box of baby arugula (I’ve also used arugula blend and baby spinach)
Prepare ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large non stick skillet. Saute prosciutto or pancetta until crisp. Remove meat from the skillet and add tomatoes, garlic, and seasonings. Saute for 5 minutes. Add greens and toss to coat. As greens wilt, add pancetta and cooked ravioli. Add pasta water a few tablespoons at a time to keep everything from sticking. Gently toss to combine and allow ravioli to soak up the flavors.
Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Must Make Meaty Comfort Food Pasta Recipes
- American Goulash in 15 Minutes by My World Simplified
- Bacon Onion Spaetzle by Caroline’s Cooking
- Baked Pasta with Kale and Sausage by Simple and Savory
- Chicken Glorioso Pasta Bake by Sunday Supper Movement
- Creamy Italian Sausage Tortellini Skillet by Soulfully Made
- Gluten Free Chicken Spaghetti Bake by Cricket’s Confections
- Homemade Hamburger Helper by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Homemade Spaghetti Noodles with Stuffed Meatballs by The Freshman Cook
- One Pot Chicken Parmesan by Pies and Plots
- Pot Roast Stroganoff by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Ravioli with Prosciutto & Arugula by Gourmet Everyday
- Sausage Macaroni and Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Must Make Veggie Comfort Food Pasta Recipes
- Baked Pumpkin Gnocchi with Sage and Blue Cheese by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Butternut Squash Pasta Bake by Cooking Chat
- Light Fettuccine Alfredo by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sour Cream and Chive Noodles by Palatable Pastime
- Spinach Stuffed Shells by Hardly A Goddess
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.