Although you won’t see me cooking or feasting my way through a New Year’s Eve spread this year, it doesn’t mean that I don’t have a slew of appetizer recipes in my arsenal…and it certainly doesn’t mean that I won’t be having fun somewhere in the world.
It’s no secret that my kids love finger foods themed dinners, and their favorite finger food has to be jalapeño poppers. However, I hate cleaning jalapeños. No matter what, I always end up forgetting to put on gloves and will, undoubtedly, rub my eyes. Ouch!
Soooo, after seeing a Tasty video about Jalapeño Popper cups, it hit me that those crazy little wonton wrappers could be the answer to my jalapeño popper predicament. After just one test of my theory, we had a resounding “yum,” and a new household finger food was born.
The result is all the goodness of a jalapeno popper stuffed inside of a crispy wonton wrapper.
1 lb. ground sausage
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
6 slices of bacon, fried crisp
1/2 c. onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 c. sour cream
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
32 wonton wrappers
In a skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat. Add onion & garlic and saute an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from the skillet and place in a large bowl with cream cheese, sour cream, and shredded cheese.
In the same skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet and pat dry with a paper towel. Crumble the bacon directly into the sausage mixture. Stir well to combine
Spray cupcake pan with cooking spray. Place one wonton wrapper in each cup. Press the wrapper to the bottom. The wrapper will line the sides of each cup.
Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of sausage mixture into each wonton cup. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
Sunday Supper New Year’s Eve Menu Ideas
End of the Year Appetizers
- Burrata Salad with Blood Orange, Pistachio and Pomegranate by Palatable Pastime
- Butternut Squash Queso Fundido Dip by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Champagne Cake Pops by The Freshman Cook
- Cranberry Brie en Croute by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta by Pies and Plots
- Honey Shrimp Puffs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Liver Pate by Turnips 2 Tangerines
Happy New Year Hors d’Oeuvres
- Pan Roasted Veal Chops with Red Grapes by Cooking On The Ranch
- Persimmon Apple Cider Mimosas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Salami, Cream Cheese, and Pepperoncini Roll-Ups by Positively Stacey
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Popper Cups by Gourmet Everyday
- Thai Sausage Rolls by Sunday Supper Movement
- Three Cheese Pepperoni Bread by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings by Bites of Wellness
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.