My kids & husband love breakfast for dinner. It doesn’t matter if it’s sausage gravy & biscuits, simple bacon & eggs, or even pancakes…they love it. However, I’m not a huge breakfast eater, so I’ve come up with ways to satisfy their breakfast-for-dinner urges that also tempt my taste buds.
My go to breakfast-for-dinner meals also double as quick 30 minute meals. With a simple breakfast protein like sausage, ham, bacon, or any leftover meat combined with potatoes, veggies, eggs, and cheese, frittatas, hash, and even quiche is a simply, quick, and super versatile meal that is perfect for a busy weeknight.
For this quick 30 minute, breakfast-for-dinner favorite, I combined my favorite smoked sausage, potatoes, peppers, and onions to make a quick hash, topped it with fried (over easy) eggs, and sprinkled it with queso fresco.
- 1 lb. link sausage- diced (I use Uncle John’s Pride Smoked Sausage)
- 3-4 TBSP olive oil
- 3 large baking potatoes-peeled & diced
- 1 medium onion-diced
- 1 medium bell pepper-diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 eggs per person
- 6 oz. queso fresco-crumbled
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, brown (fry) sausage until lightly caramelized. Remove from skillet. Add olive oil and potatoes. Saute over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes begin to soften, stirring frequently. Add onions, peppers, and sausage. Continue sauteing until potatoes have browned and softened. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- While potatoes continue to cook, fry eggs to order in a nonstick skillet.
- To serve, place 2 fried eggs over each portion of hash and sprinkle with crumbled queso fresco.
Leave a Reply