As a working mom, who’s always on the go, having portable snacks and meals is a necessity. However, too often, those portable snacks and meals aren’t the healthiest. Granted, I love a bag of chips, a Slurpee, and a hot dog as much as the next mom, but giving them to my kids on a daily basis is sorta frowned upon.
I create my own snacks and meals that I can keep in the refrigerator and grab as we run out the door. By now, everyone’s seen (and had) salads made in Mason & jelly jars, and I love them, but every once in a while, I need something a bit sweeter and filling.
With a little prep and the help of Golden Girl Granola, layering pudding, yogurt, or my favorite, pie filling into jelly jars makes a delicious, nutritious, snack to-go. For this recipe, I’ve taken my favorite key lime pie filling, cooked in on the stove top, and layered it with Golden Girl Original Granola.
This Key Lime Pie To-Go is a perfect balance of sweet & tart with a little crunch from the layers of natural, artisan granola.
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 c. cream of coconut
- 3/4 c. key lime juice
- 1 bag Golden Girl Original Granola
- In a blender, puree cream cheese, eggs, and egg yolks. In a 2 qt saucepan, melt butter. Add cream cheese-egg mixture. Whisk in remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and bubbles, whisking frequently. Do not let it stick or burn. Remove from heat.
- In 8oz (half pint) jelly jars, spoon in 2 TBSP Golden Girl Granola followed by 1/4 c. key lime pie filling. Repeat layers until the jars are filled. Cap and refrigerate until pie filling cools and sets.
For more recipes and tips, visit Golden Girl Granola.