After working most of the summer with Walmart and World Food Championships in the Food Champ Recipe Club tour, there were certain recipes that were definite crowd pleasers. In fact, some of the recipes were so popular and quick that I could cook up 4-5 batches in a two hour period and give away 150+ samples.
One of the most popular, which is also no longer on the Food Champ Recipe Club page within World Food Championships is the Mini Pork Nacho Salad, which is really just an amazing pork filling for nachos, tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and even just on a hamburger bun. Personally, I made this recipe for several Walmart demos, on a local daytime tv show, and for my own kids’ dinner.
The really great thing about this recipe is that there is minimal prep and everything cooks in one skillet in under 30 minutes. This recipe is an absolute MUST on busy weeknights.
- 1 TBSP oil
- 1-lb. precooked pulled pork (no sauce, no seasoning)
- 1 c. chopped red/purple onion
- 1 1/2 c. crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 c. salsa verde
- 2 TBSP chopped cilantro
- Shredded cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Tortilla Chips, Flour Tortillas, Corn Tortillas, Hamburger Buns (you choose the vessel)
- In a skillet, combine oil, onion, pork, pineapple, salsa verde, and cilantro. Cook over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes or until everything is hot and incorporated.
- Serve on tortilla chips.
- For tacos & quesadillas, drain more juice from the pork.
- Serve with shredded cheese and lettuce.