For TresOmega’s 2nd Annual “Organics for Life” Blogger Recipe Challenge, I pushed myself to create something trendy and unusual. However, green pasta just doesn’t work for me, and as much as I liked the flavor of my avocado pesto, I couldn’t get over the color. So, it was back to the kitchen to create the healthiest, tastiest, most creative recipe I could highlighting TreOmega’s Gluten Free pasta.
One of my favorite ways to cook is to take traditional recipes and add a twist, either by adding an unusual ingredient or changing the preparation, so that’s just what I did. I love pasta. I love kale and fresh veggies. I love using packaged, salad mixes from the supermarket produce department. So, why not combine all three?
The end result…a Kale & Quinoa Spaghetti Salad that is colorful, filling, tasty, healthy, and perfect for lunch, dinner, or even a picnic! While this is a vegetarian recipe, it would be just as fabulous with some grilled salmon or chicken on top.
- 1-8 oz box Tresomega Gluten Free Quinoa Spaghetti
- 1-12 oz Kale Slaw Salad Kit-any kale based salad will work
- 3 green onions-chopped
- 1 garlic clove-smashed & minced
- 2 TBSP Tresomega Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 TBSP honey
- juice of one lime
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package directions. Drain & rinse pasta.
- In a large skillet, add coconut oil, green onions, garlic, and slaw mix. Saute for 2 minutes, just to incorporate ingredients and heat through.
- Add cooked spaghetti and toss to combine. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, and lime juice. Pour over pasta.
- Toss pasta and dressing to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to chill.
- Serve salad either chilled or at room temperature.
TresOmega products are 100% certified organic and have been nurtured with care and integrity. Our farmers rely on Mother Nature and hard work to grow their crops, not synthetic fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides. TresOmega is a reflection of our farmers’ reverence for the land and the importance of harmony between Mother Nature and the farmer. Quality is always of the utmost importance.
Our farmers provide the purest of products in exchange for a fair market price. By purchasing TresOmega products, you are supporting a viable economic livelihood for our farmers and promoting a sustainable agricultural environment for future generations.
For more information about TresOmega’s full line of products, visit them online at TresOmega.com, on Facebook, and on Twitter.
To purchase TresOmega products, visit Sam’s Club.
Leave a Reply