While we rarely gets very cold winters here in Florida, we love our cold weather when it rolls in. Give us a little chill in the air and we’ve broken out our sweaters, fuzzy boots, and chili and chicken & dumplings recipes.
As much as I love chili and chicken & dumplings, sometimes I need a comfort food fix… cheeseburger soup.
I began making cheeseburger soup several years ago for my guys and I fell in love with it as much as they did. Tonight’s cheeseburger soup will take a slightly new direction…BACON Double Cheeseburger Soup.
- 6 strips of bacon
- 1 lb. Ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion-chopped
- 2 garlic cloves-minced
- 2 c. Frozen hash brown potatoes (cubes)
- 1 qt. Beef stock
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 2 c. Shredded sharp cheddar
- 2 c. Shredded Colby Jack
- 1/4 c heavy cream
- In Dutch oven or 2 at saucepan, fry bacon until crisp. Remove from grease, but do not discard.
- Add ground sirloin, onion, and garlic and cook over medium heat until meat is fully cooked.
- Add potatoes and saute until tender.
- Add beef stock and tomato paste and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until liquid has slightly reduced.
- Add cheese and cream and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer until cheese has melted and everything is completely incorporated.
- Serve immediately.