As a competitive cook with a foodie husband, many date nights are spent creating recipes and having at-home cook offs. We each create our own masterpieces, post the pics on Facebook and Instagram, let everyone vote, and then, share dinner. We’ve had potato salad throw downs, chili cook offs, and this one, a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Cherry-Bourbon Jam
- 1 lb frozen black sweet cherries
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/3 c. bourbon
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- Slow Roasted Pulled Pork (2 oz. per sandwich)
- Sliced Smoked Gouda (3 oz. per sandwich)
- Southern Chow Chow (2 TBSP per sandwich)
- Quality Italian Bread (2 slices/sandwich)
- In a sauce pan, combine cherries, brown sugar, bourbon, and cornstarch. Cook on medium heat until thick and bubbly, stirring frequently to break down cherries. Remove from heat and cool.
- to Assemble
- Place 3 slices of smoked gouda onto each slice of bread. Top the bottom layer with 2 TBSP cherry jam, pulled pork, and 2 TBSP chow chow. Place on sandwich top. Brush sandwich with melted butter. Grill at 325-350 degrees for 3-5 minutes. Flip and repeat. If bread is browning too quickly, reduce heat. Grill until cheese melts.