Remember my earlier post about date night recipe throw-downs? This was our first. Reser’s was hosting an ancillary competition at World Food Championships, so since we were already going to Vegas to compete, Jeremy thought he’d try his hand at recipe creation and cooking.
I made a list of everything we needed for basic potato salad. Then, Jeremy added some items that he thought would make his “dream” potato salad, and the cook off was ON! We made our recipes, took pics, posted them to Facebook, and watched the votes and comments roll in as we ate our potato salad dinner.
**Disclaimer…my husband believes that BBQ sauce belongs on everything. Interestingly, on this occasion, everyone on Facebook agreed.
- 2 lbs. red skinned potatoes, cut in half
- ¼ c. chopped green onion
- ¼ c. chopped celery
- 4 slices of bacon (crumbled)
- ½ cup of shredded Colby jack cheese
- ½ c French fried onions
- ½ c. cubed cooked pork roast
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- ½ c SweetBaby Ray’s BBQ sauce
- Boil potatoes in water until just fork tender. Do not over cook.
- Drain potatoes and cool completely before mixing & dressing.
- Cut cooked potatoes into 1 inch chunks.
- Combine all ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over potato mixture. Toss gently to combine.
- Serve immediately.