Give me a night of feeding only myself, and I will, without fail, give you a bowl of pasta. Pasta is my go to for every night when I eat alone. Why? Who knows… All I really know is that pasta is (to me) the most versatile and convenient food on the planet.
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/4 c. diced onion
- 1/2 TBSP minced garlic
- 1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 lb. shrimp--cleaned & deveined
- 1/2 lb. scallops--bay or sea, you're choice
- 8-10 lasagna sheets
- 1-2 tsp dried parsley
- Juice from half of a lemon
- Break dried lasagna into rough pieces. Bring water to a boil and cook broken lasagna pieces until nearly tender.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Saute onions, garlic, and red pepper flakes over medium heat until onions are soft.
- Add diced tomatoes, bay leaves, and water. Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add cleaned shrimp and scallops. Toss to combine.
- Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until seafood becomes opaque and pink (shrimp).
- Add lasagna pieces and toss to combine. Allow pasta to finish cooking in the spicy seafood sauce. Add pasta water as necessary to keep the pasta and sauce from sticking or becoming too thick.
- Sprinkle with parsley, drizzle with lemon juice, and serve hot.