About a week ago, in a pinch, I needed a quick dessert to feed a group of kids. Having totally forgotten about it and having very little time, I turned to the pantry to see if I had anything quick and easy to make. Luckily, I found 2 cake mixes, and since I’ve made Cake Mix Cookies many times, I knew that I could definitely do something with it.
With a little recipe adjusting, I was able to use my basic Cake Mix Cookie idea and turn my pantry finds into the perfect dessert to feed a group of hungry teens.
- 1 Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 Triple or Dark Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. milk or half & half
- 3/4 c. oil
- 2 (4 oz) pkg German Chocolate-chopped
- Spray a 15 x 10 pan with non stick cooking spray. Line with parchment paper and spray again.
- In a mixing bowl, combine both cake mixes, chocolate chips, eggs, milk, and oil.
- Mix on low speed until everything is completely incorporated.
- Turn mixer to high and mix for 1 minute.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with chopped German chocolate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until top is set, but still slightly gooey.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing.