To round out the week of Valentine’s Day recipes and menu ideas, we’ve saved one of the best, most decadent, sinful desserts for last.
Even though many of us never eat dessert, except for special occasions, most of us opt for some sort of sweet on Valentine’s Day. So why not go completely overboard with dessert for your sweetheart? For our last Valentine’s themed dessert, we’re making grilled cheese sandwiches. But these aren’t the grilled cheese sandwiches from childhood. No, these grilled cheese sandwiches melt chocolate, brie, and raspberries between slices of poundcake. Yes, they’re messy…oh well! Enjoy!
- Raspberry Sauce
- 2 c. frozen raspberries
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ TBSP cornstarch
- 70% cocoa dark chocolate bar-roughly chopped (1 oz. per sandwich)
- Sliced Brie (3 oz. per sandwich)
- Pound cake (2 slices/sandwich)
- In a saucepan, combine raspberries, sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Remove and cool.
- Spread 1 TBSP raspberry onto each slice of cake. Place 3 slices of brie onto each slice of cake. Place 1 ounce of chocolate chunks on the bottom slice of cake. Place the top slice of cake onto the sandwich. Brush sandwich with melted butter. Grill at 325 degrees for 2-4 minutes. Flip and repeat. If bread is browning too quickly, reduce heat. Grill until cheese melts.