My love of Cape Cod Select Cranberries really has no limit. I’ve used them in baked goods, desserts, my chicken salad from earlier this week, and even in breakfast syrups. Their versatility makes them perfect for just about anything…even pizzas and flatbreads!
For this recipe, I challenged myself to see if I could incorporate Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries in every layer and level of my flatbread, so these aren’t just any ole flatbread. These flatbreads are made on puff pastry with cranberry pickled onions, turkey, arugula, feta cheese, and a cranberry balsamic glaze. By cutting the flatbreads into small wedges, they make a perfect addition to any party menu!
- 1 large white onion-halved and sliced
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 c. water
- 1 1/2 c. Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries
- 1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 c. Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries
- 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Egg wash from 1 egg beaten with 1 TBSP water
- 8 oz. thick sliced turkey-julienned
- 1 c. arugula-chopped
- 1/2 c. feta cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, water, apple cider vinegar, and 1 1/2 c. cranberries. Bring to a boil.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes for sugar to melt and cranberries to pop. Add onion slices.
- Bring to a boil.
- Then, cover and remove from heat, allowing pickled onions to rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine 1 c. cranberries, balsamic vinegar, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool while flatbreads are assembled.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry to increase by 1 inch on all sides.
- Place pastry sheet on a parchment lined cookie sheet, brush edges with egg wash, and bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Arrange turkey slices, pickled onions (drained), arugula, and feta cheese to cover pastry.
- Return to 375 degree oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with balsamic glaze, allowing some of the glazed cranberries to dot the pizza.
- Cut into wedges and serve!
Leave a Reply