Many of us will be attending or even hosting a Memorial Day cookout this weekend, and rather than serve the same old cookout recipes, why not serve up something new?
After seeing a Tasty video about Jalapeño Popper cups, it hit me that those crazy little wonton wrappers could be the answer to my jalapeño popper predicament. After just one test of my theory, we had a resounding “yum,” and a new household finger food was born.
The result is all the goodness of a jalapeno popper stuffed inside of a crispy wonton wrapper…sausage, cream cheese, jalapenos…all inside a wonton cup!
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices of bacon, fried crisp
- 2 jalapeños
- 1/2 c. onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 32 wonton wrappers
- In a skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat. Add onion & garlic and saute an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from the skillet and place in a large bowl with cream cheese, sour cream, and shredded cheese.
- In the same skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet and pat dry with a paper towel. Crumble the bacon directly into the sausage mixture. Stir well to combine
- Spray cupcake pan with cooking spray. Place one wonton wrapper in each cup. Press the wrapper to the bottom. The wrapper will line the sides of each cup.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of sausage mixture into each wonton cup. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.