After receiving my first jar of Waxing Kara Spring Honey, I knew exactly what my first creation would be…scones. However, plain scones just wouldn’t do. For honey this fresh and bright, my scones needed to be light, fruity, and picture perfect.
Waxing Kara Spring Honey comes exclusively from their Chesterhaven Beach Farm on the eastern shore of Maryland. Their bees pollinate meadows of wildflowers, rows of lavender, and forested land to produce a sweet, sunny, floral honey.
- 1 3/4 c. self rising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 TBSP butter (NOT margarine)
- 1/4 c. Waxing Kara Spring Honey
- 1/3 c. chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 c. slivered almonds
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Egg Wash: 1 egg + 2 TBSP heavy cream
- 1/4 c. sugar
- In a food processor, combine flour, baking powder, and butter and pulse until it resembles a course meal.
- To the food processor, add honey, almonds, and apricots. Again, pulse until combined.
- Add the egg and heavy cream. Pulse until dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and form into a 3-4 inch wide rectangle.
- Using a sharp knife, cut dough into triangles.
- Place dough triangles onto a parchment or silicone lined cookie sheet.
- Brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm with butter and more Waxing Kara Honey