Whenever summer rolls around, my days are consumed with projects around the house, and while many of those “projects” involve some type of home improvement or cleaning, I try to devote time everyday to experiment and test a new recipe idea.
Today’s recipe test…what would happen if a snickerdoodle and a chocolate chip cookie had a baby? The answer…a gloriously soft, chewy, cinnamony, chocolate chip mound of heaven.
- 1 c. butter-softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 c. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, and mix well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Gradually, add flour mixture to butter-sugar mixture, blending well after each addition and scraping down sides as needed.
- When all flour has been incorporated, stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 3 cookie sheets with parchment or silicone liners.
- Using a small cookie scoop, form dough into small balls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from cookie sheet.