As a working mom with two kids, a husband, three goats, two dogs, two jobs, and 100+ students, I’m always looking for quick breakfast recipes, especially make ahead breakfasts. If I can cook breakfast, or at least prep it, the night before, our mornings go much smoother, and as we all know, if mom is happy, everyone is happy.
This fall, my mission has been to create a pumpkin muffin recipe that is easy to make the night before and have nothing to do in the morning except get fruit from the refrigerator. My latest attempt at easy pumpkin cupcakes has done just that!
Easiest Pumpkin Muffins EVER!
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 (14.5 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground all spice
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. milk
- 3/4 c. granola (I used Golden Girl Honey Granola)
- In a mixer, combine cake mix, pumpkin, egg, sugar, cinnamon, and all spice.
- Turn mixer onto low, and drizzle in oil and milk.
- When mostly incorporated, turn mixer to high and beat for one minute.
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners.
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin with granola.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Yield 18 muffins