Continuing with the breakfast casserole theme from earlier this week, one of my favorite breakfast casseroles is savory and completely Southern….Sausage Gravy Casserole cooked in the crock pot!
Last spring, when one of my closest friends was getting remarried, our group of friends planned a Bachelorette party weekend getaway to the beach, and given that I am the chef in the group, coming up with a menu for the weekend was my responsibility. Likewise, given that this weekend would likely include late nights and late mornings, I decided that our breakfasts would be crock pot meals, so the majority of cooking could be done while I sleep.
With very little prep, this crock pot breakfast casserole with biscuits, eggs, hashbrown potatoes, and good ole southern sausage gravy was perfect for recovering from the previous night and prepping for the day ahead.
- 4 cans refrigerated biscuits
- 1/2 bag frozen hashbrown (diced) potatoes with peppers & onions
- 6 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cans sausage gravy
- Spray crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour half of a bag of frozen hashbrown potatoes in the bottom.
- Cut raw biscuits into quarters and place over the hashbrowns.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, and seasoning. Whisk until completely incorporated.
- Pour over biscuits.
- Using a spoon (or your hands) stir/combine eggs, biscuits, and potatoes.
- Dot the top with cubed butter.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Pour both cans of sausage gravy over the biscuit mixture and cook for another 30 minutes.