Pecan crusting might be one of my favorite tricks to jazz up a sandwich. I’ve pecan crusted duck breasts, pork loin, chicken, and even Spam. Add a little jam to the sandwich and it’s instantly something special, something fancier, something amazing.
Pecan Crusted Chicken Sliders with Brown Sugar Bourbon Berry Jam & Tequila-Lime Gose Slaw
- 3 c. finely chopped pecans
- 1 egg-beaten
- ¼ c. Milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2-3 dashes tabasco
- 6 boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 bag frozen mixed berries
- 1 c. sugar
- ¼ c. cornstarch
- 1/3 c. Brown Sugar Bourbon
- 16 oz. bag Tri-Color Slaw
- 3 TBSP sugar
- ¼ c. Boulevard Tequila Barrel Lime Gose Sour Ale
- ½ c. Mayonnaise
- 10 slider rolls-sliced
- In a shallow dish, whisk together egg, milk, salt, pepper, and tabasco. Set up a second shallow dish with chopped pecans.
- Using a meat tenderizer, flatten chicken thighs and cut each thigh in half to fit slider buns.
- Dip each chicken thigh piece in egg mixture and dredge in pecans. Place pecan covered thighs on a foil lined cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- In a saucepan, combine all jam ingredients. Cook over medium high heat until mixture becomes thick and bubbly. Use a potato masher to crush berries, especially strawberries.
- In small bowl, whisk together all ingredients except slaw. In a larger bowl, combine slaw and dressing. Toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To each slider bun, layer 1 TBSP jam, a chicken thigh, and a 1/8-1/4 c. slaw.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
Leave a Reply