It’s summer and no one wants to be stuck in the kitchen cooking on hot days when the pool and beach are calling. However, we need to eat and we love to snack, so finding minimal or no-cook recipes is my goal this summer.
This recipe is just that…no cooking required. In fact, the entire recipe only takes about 15 minutes (MAX) to make and there’s no need to turn on the stove. We layer angel food cake, strawberries, and a no-cook custard in jelly jars to create a strawberry shortcake inspired treat that is pretty and PORTABLE!
Strawberry Shortcake Parfait Cups
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 c. milk
- 1-8 oz container whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 1 lb. strawberries-diced
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 angel food cake-sliced and diced (available at most supermarket bakeries)
- In a bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk. Fold in whipped topping, and set aside to set. When set, spoon custard into a gallon size ziploc bag.
- In another bowl, combine strawberries and sugar. Set aside to macerate.
- Slice half of the angel food cake and cut into small bite size pieces.
- To layer dessert, place cake pieces in the bottom of 6 jelly jars. On top of the cake, pipe a layer of custard by snipping the end of the ziploc bag. On top of the custard, spoon on strawberries.
- Repeat with cake, custard, and strawberries.
- Top with a dollop of custard and a strawberry.
- Lastly, drizzle a tablespoon of strawberry liquid over the dessert and allow it to drip down through the dessert.
- Enjoy immediately or cap and serve later.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
Leave a Reply