Like everyone else, I see recipes and videos on Facebook and I share with the intention of saving it to use later. And, like a lot of people, I forget and never make that amazing recipe that I’d taken the time to share. Last night, I did it! I followed through and made a recipe from Facebook that I saved & shared, and it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
The recipe came from Dinner Then Desserts, and the picture alone made me want to lick my phone. Of course, I tweaked the recipe a little, to feed a larger number, hide veggies from my kids, and to make it a bit more convenient. The end result…literally, 5 shells left! They ate everything. They didn’t talk until they finished eating. No complaining. No picking. No funny faces. No “eeew…what’s that!?!?” Nothing…just quiet, chewing.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 c. finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 c. finely chopped sweet peppers (yellow, red, orange)
- 2 garlic cloves-minced
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 16 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 24 jumbo pasta shells, cooked
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the ground beef to a large cast iron skillet and brown until no longer pink and slightly crusted.
- Remove beef from skillet and drain fat.
- Add the butter and the onions, peppers, and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes or until softened.
- Add the beef back into the pan.
- Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and black pepper into the pan and stir.
- Take it off the heat and cool for 5 minutes before scooping into the pasta shells.
- Top each shell with half of the shredded cheese.
- Using the same pan add the beef broth, milk and cornstarch and whisk before turning the heat back on.
- Add in the rest of the cheddar cheese a little at a time while whisking for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour about half the sauce around the shells.
- Bake in the oven f0r 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve with the remaining sauce.