For years, I couldn’t even make biscuits. Then, I figured out a recipe and technique that worked for me, and since then, I’ve converted that biscuit recipe into one that works to make beautiful and tender scones.
Chocolate Chip Scones
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter-cold & cubed
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. mix ins (chocolate chips, raisins, coconut, cranberries, etc)
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 stick butter-melted
- 2 TBSP cream or half & half
- In a food processor, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cold butter, and sugar. Add in mix in, but gently pulse until combined. Pulse and pour in milk slowly, just until combined.
- Turn out onto a floured surface. Using your hands, form dough into a 4″ wide rectangle. Using a knife, cut dough into triangles by alternating angle of knife.
- Place dough triangles onto a silicone or parchment lined baking sheet. Brush with melted butter and cream mixture. Bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
Leave a Reply