Every summer, my husband and I create a new summer cocktail that we can take to the pool or even to the beach. Most years, our cocktail is rum and fruit punch based. This year, with the help of CK Mondavi wines and their cocktail challenge, our summer cocktails will be wine based.
The first of our summer wine cocktails is my personal favorite using watermelon, lime, and CK Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc. We made this one over the Independence Day camping weekend, took it to the pool, and even served it from the watermelon. Most of the other swimmers were just a tad jealous!
Summer Cocktails: Poolside Watermelon Punch
- 2 c. watermelon juice–puree watermelon in a blender and strain through a mesh colander
- 2 c. cooled lime syrup–equal parts lime juice and sugar heated until the sugar melts
- 1 c. silver (clear) spiced rum–spiced rum is vanilla flavored
- 1 bottle CK Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc or White Zinfandel
- Mix together in a watermelon cavity and serve over ice.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
Leave a Reply