When challenged with creating a cocktail using Wish Farms berries, I knew that I needed to stay true to my roots and true to my palate. I knew that I needed a simple drink that was easy to prepare, but one that could wow a crowd. My solution…create a hybrid–marry together two famous cocktails in an interesting way that would produce a whole new drink.
Most people, who read “Cosmo-Rita,” immediately think tequila and vodka, and yes, that would make sense, but that’s way too much alcohol, even for me. Instead, I went a slightly different route and combined the tequila of a traditional margarita, with the sweet effervescence of a 3 Daughters Key Lime Cider and the style of a cosmopolitan to create this fancy, schmancy cocktail that pairs as well with a hamburger as it does a New York strip.
- 1/2 lb. strawberries-cleaned & chunked
- 6 oz. blueberries-reserve 8-10 for garnish
- 6 oz blackberries-reserve 8-10 for garnish
- 2 TBSP key lime juice
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 3/4 c. tequila
- 2-12 oz. cans 3 Daughters Key Lime Cider
- Lime curls-made with a zester
- In a blender, puree strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, key lime juice, and sugar until smooth. Pour into a jar and add tequila. Allow the tequila-berry mixture to sit for 30 minutes to an hour in the refrigerator. Pour through a fine mesh colander to remove seeds and pulp.
- Pour strained liquid into a pitcher and add two cans of hard cider. Stir to combine. Pour into chilled martini glasses. Garnish with blueberries, blackberries, and lime curls.
- Recipe makes 4-6 cocktails, depending on size of martini glass.
Leave a Reply