I know inspiration can come from unusual places, but do you dream about food? I certainly do. I woke up from my lazy Sunday afternoon nap with a very clear memory of a cookie that I dreamed about. Granted, before my nap, I’d been reading through Joanna Gaines’ Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe, and maybe that influenced my dream. Anyway, the dream was very clear and the resulting cookie, a Chocolate-Caramel Bourbon Cookie, was an absolute success.
- 1 stick butter-softened
- 1 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP bourbon or whiskey
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 12 Kraft caramels-cut in half
- 48 chocolate buttons/pieces
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in bourbon.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and flour.
- Gradually mix dry ingredients into butter & egg mixture.
- Using a cookie scoop, wrap a half piece of caramel and a chocolate piece in cookie dough. Roll into a ball, making sure that the caramel and chocolate piece are completely enveloped in dough. Place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet .
- Place another chocolate piece on top of each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.
- Cool completely before devouring.