There are a couple things I really enjoy about a vacation–having someone else do the cooking once in a while and summer cocktails. We spent this past week in the Florida Keys celebrating our 10th anniversary, and I got to enjoy both, someone else cooking and summer cocktails.
Granted, there are plenty of waterfront restaurants serving tropical cocktails, but personally, I would prefer to have mine in the pool. And that’s exactly what I did.
Since our AirBnB had a blender, I experimented with a few different cocktail combinations and this one was an early favorite.
Blended Pineapple Mojito
Much like a normal mojito, I’ve used mint, lime, and rum, but unlike the traditional mojito, I’ve added fresh pineapple, blended the whole concoction, and added a little lemon-lime soda (I prefer 7up for this).
- 2 c. fresh pineapple-chunked
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- 1/4 c. fresh mint
- 1/4 c. rum
- 16 oz. glass of ice
- 1 c. Lemon-Lime Soda (7up or Sprite)
- In a blender combine all ingredients EXCEPT soda and blend until all ice is completely crushed and pineapple has pureed.
- Add soda and pulse blender once or twice to combine.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy.