Summer is just around the corner and with pool parties, BBQs, and cookouts filling our weekends, we don’t have time to fuss in the kitchen. Simply put, we need easy, go-to recipes that can wow! a crowd, and most importantly, we need recipes that will keep us at the party instead of in the kitchen.
On this summer’s line up, it’s all about cool, comfort food, with little effort. And, a no-bake dessert fits the bill…Sweet tart lemon cake from the supermarket bakery, layered with sweet cherry pie filling, and a custard that whips up in less than 2 minutes.
- 1-16oz pkg sliced lemon cake-from your supermarket bakery
- 1-3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding
- 1 c. milk
- 1-8oz container whipped topping
- 1-21oz cherry pie filling
- Crumble lemon cake slices into a large bowl
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk
- Stir in whipped topping.
- Spoon custard into a Ziploc bag and snip a corner end with scissors
- To build parfaits, spoon cake crumbs in bottom of cup. Top with custard, followed by cherry pie filling. Repeat layers. Top with a sprinkle of cake crumbs.