Since World Food Championships 2020 in Dallas had to be cancelled due to Covid-19, this year’s WFC is completely virtual. Instead of the usual categories in which we compete, this year’s format allows us to compete in multiple categories and enter multiple recipes (and pictures).
For this year’s Holiday Sweets with Hershey’s and Pyure Organics, my first entry is a Dark Chocolate Espresso Cream Pie with Amaretto Cherries, and although it’s decadent and over-the-top with dark chocolate, it’s incredibly easy to make.
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 2 TBSP Pyure Stevia
- 2-4.25 oz Hershey’s Special Dark Bars-melted in the microwave
- ½ c. cold strong coffee
- 1 ½ c. whipped topping
- 1 lb frozen dark sweet cherries
- ½ c. amaretto
- 3 TBSP Pyure Stevia
- 3 TBSP cornstarch
- Splash of OJ
- Oreo Crust
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add Pyure Stevia Blend and melted chocolate and beat until completely incorporated.
- Slowly mix in coffee.
- Add whipped topping and beat on high until completely smooth, light, and fluffy.
- Spoon into a prepared Oreo pie crust and chill until set.
- While pie is chilling, combine cherries, amaretto, Pyure, cornstarch, and OJ.
- Cook over medium-low heat until thick and bubbly. Spoon onto the dark chocolate cream.
- Chill until cool and set.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
Leave a Reply