Some people stress eat. I stress bake. So last night, after a stressful day at work, I calmed down while baking a batch of cookies. Most baking nights include some form of cinnamon roll or scone for breakfast the next morning or a batch of big cookies for watching TV. Last night’s baking took cookies to a whole new level…cocoa, chocolate chips, and coffee. The end result was a chocolate chip cookie packed with cocoa and coffee.
Chocolate Espresso Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 TBSP milk
- 12 oz bag chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and instant coffee. Mix well.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add milk and mix until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, portion out 18 cookies. With wet fingers, flatten the top of each cookie dough mound.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
Leave a Reply