It’s no secret that my kids love finger foods, and their favorite finger food has to be jalapeño poppers. However, I hate cleaning jalapeños. No matter what, I always end up forgetting to put on gloves and will, undoubtedly, rub my eyes. Ouch!
Soooo, after seeing a Tasty video about Jalapeño Popper cups, it hit me that those crazy little wonton wrappers could be the answer to my jalapeño popper predicament. After just one test of my theory, we had a resounding “yum,” and a new household finger food was born.
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices of bacon, fried crisp
- 2 jalapeños
- 1/2 c. onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 32 wonton wrappers
- In a skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat. Add onion & garlic and sautee an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from the skillet and place in a large bowl with cream cheese, sour cream, and shredded cheese.
- In the same skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet and pat dry with a paper towel. Crumble the bacon directly into the sausage mixture. Stir well to combine
- Spray cupcake pan with cooking spray. Place one wonton wrapper in each cup. Press the wrapper to the bottom. The wrapper will line the sides of each cup.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of sausage mixture into each wonton cup. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.