To celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this year, we’ll be serving up a big pot of Irish stew, cabbage, soda bread, and some creative Irish desserts. While this may not be a traditional Irish dessert, we’ve infused it with plenty of good ole Irish whiskey, Irish cream, and of course, Guinness.
St. Patrick’s Day Desserts: Dark Chocolate & Jameson Caramel Tarts
- 1 c. butter-softened
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- Dark Chocolate Truffle Layer
- 8 oz cream cheese-softened
- 2/3 c. powdered sugar
- 8 oz. dark chocolate
- 1/4 c. Guinness Stout
- Caramel Layer
- 1 jar caramel ice cream topping
- 3 TBSP Jameson
- Milk Chocolate Layer
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2/3 c. powdered sugar
- 8 oz milk chocolate
- 1/4 c. Irish cream
- 3/4 c. Cool Whip
- Whipped Cream Layer
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- Shortbread Instructions
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter with vanilla. Add cocoa powder, powdered sugar, salt, and milk and beat until smooth. Add flour and mix just until combined. With hands, form dough into a disk. On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/4″ thickness. Using a biscuit cutter, cut shortbread disks and place on parchment or silicone lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
- Dark Chocolate Truffle Layer Instructions
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Heat Guinness in the microwave for 2 minutes or until boiling. Add dark chocolate and allow to sit for 2 minutes to melt.
- Stir until smooth and combined. Beat into cream cheese mixture. Add Guinness and mix well. Place truffle into a piping bag and pipe perimeter of shortbreads, leaving a well for caramel.
- Caramel Layer Instructions
- Stir together one jar caramel ice cream topping and Jameson. Pour into a squirt bottle and squeeze approximately 1 tsp into truffle well. Reserve remaining caramel for final drizzle.
- Milk Chocolate Layer Instructions
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Heat Irish Cream in the microwave for 2 minutes or until boiling. Add milk chocolate and allow to melt. Stir until smooth and combined. Beat into cream cheese mixture. Fold in Cool Whip. Spoon milk chocolate cream into a piping bag and pipe over dark chocolate and caramel layer.
- Whipped Cream Layer Instructions
- In a cold mixing bowl, beat heavy cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar until stiff. Spoon whipped cream into a piping bag and pipe a rosette to cover milk chocolate cream.
- Drizzle with remaining caramel and serve chilled.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
Leave a Reply