Most of the time, when I research ingredients or cuisines, my first stop is the internet, and I read everything. In doing so, I was surprised to find that labne is similar to a Greek yogurt or even a very thick sour cream. With this, I knew exactly what we would create–Caramelized Onion & Mushroom Flatbreads using my favorite, freezer staple…puff pastry!
This is a recipe that can literally be put together and ready for guests in 30 minutes. Aside from caramelizing the onions & mushrooms, which could be done ahead of time, the actual flatbreads cook in only 15 minutes.
- 8 oz. mushrooms-sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion-julienned
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. Karoun Dairies Labne
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 egg for an egg wash
- In a non-stick skillet, heat olive oil and caramelize onions & mushroom over medium heat until onions and mushrooms are lightly browned.
- In a bowl, combine labne, seasonings, and one egg. Add caramelized onions & mushrooms and stir to combine.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry sheet. Cut it into thirds.
- Brush egg wash around the edge of the puff pastry creating a 1/2 inch crust.
- Spoon onion, mushroom, and labne mixture onto the center of the pastry, leaving the egg washed crust exposed.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool slightly, cut into wedges, and serve!
For more information and recipe ideas, visit Karoun Dairies at https://www.karouncheese.com
On Facebook at https://facebook.com/karouncheese
On Instagram at https://instagram.com/karoundairies
On Twitter at https://twitter.com/KarounDairies