Autumn’s Harvest: Pumpkin Ale-White Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 3 c. whipping cream
- 1 c. Cigar City Good Gourd Ale
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 10 oz. white chocolate--chopped
- 2 whole eggs
- 7 egg yolks
- 1 c. pureed pumpkin
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp all spice
- 24” Loaf of Italian, Puerto Rican or Cuban Bread
- White Chocolate Sauce
- 16 oz. white chocolate chips
- ½ c. whipping cream
- ½ c. Cigar City Good Gourd Ale
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 13 x 9 casserole or baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Cut bread into 1/2 -1 inch cubes.
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin and spices. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, combine cream, beer, and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and whisk in white chocolate. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together eggs & egg yolks. Stir in pumpkin mixture. Slowly pour cream mixture into eggs & pumpkin mixture, whisking constantly to temper. Line baking dish with one layer of bread cubes. Pour half of custard over bread. Top with another layer of bread cubes. Pour another 1/8 c. custard over bread. Using fingers, press bread to soak up custard. Add more custard as needed to soak bread.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil, increase temperature to 375 degrees and bake another 20-25 minutes or until puffed and lightly brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- Heat white chips and whipping cream over medium heat. Whisk until melted.
- Pour hot white chocolate cream over bread pudding just before serving. Sprinkle with cinnamon and freshly grated nutmeg.